Sunday, 20 February 2011

Tutorial: How to get on & off a hammock with ease!


Hello there,

Had a lovely day last Saturday teaching scrapbooking classes back to back. One lady is turning her 2011 thru the year scrapbook into a recipe book - what a fab idea. February is Tempting Tiramisu, and Chocolate Torte on the accordion fold out! How organized is Viv? Was looking at the first scrapbook I made of Georgia and this layout is one of the first I did. We only had one, quite poor, photo of her when she was first born and the layout is so dated but as a scrapbook page I am quite satisfied as it tells me all I need to know about her! I am an avid believer that the journalling is just as important as the photo. Journalling alone can evoke such a picture. Okay I will get down off the orange box!


Eyes are propped open with matchsticks as I type. Just had our last performance of Hollywood Story in Chester last night and I have no idea how Joel and Georgia can exist on so little sleep show week and give a three hour performance every evening. Was thinking I might wear my slippers for the whole show last night as my feet were aching. Definitely be easier to execute those pirouettes without three inch heels! Although the tap routine would be more of a soft shoe shuffle! Like any mother would be I was very proud of Joel and Georgia this week. Check out a couple of their songs on the video links at the side.



At least my craft room is almost back to normal and free of wall to wall costumes.


Nige came along and videoed the dress rehearsal and in cleaning previous footage off the camera he came across a gem! Those of you who know my mum will know she is a tad mad but this is priceless. Please do take a minute to watch it - might give you a giggle.The clue is in the title of today's blog post.


Exciting week ahead with the Craft and Hobby trade show at the NEC. Love this as get to catch up with old friends. Also hope to find new goodies to buy. Should have been on a workshop with Tim Holtz on Saturday but as I had a show that evening I just couldn't make it. Exactly the same thing happened last year too! I have been lucky enough to have taken numerous classes with Tim both here and in the states and he is an inspiration. He is a great teacher and very generous.

Just before I dash off I had to show you this picture of Huey after he had been eating raspberries. That shade of lipstick would really suit him!


Will let you know how we get on at the NEC.

Love Rosemary x
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for a delightful end to a lovloey weekend Rosemary.

    Your mum is a great sport, letting you show that video, it really cracked me up:)

    Your children are very talented you must have been bursting with pride every night of the show.

    Enjoy Birmingham and then get some rest lol

    Hugs

    Sheilagh
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. just watched all 3 video's while eating my lunch at the computer!! your poor Mum x x I nearly choked on my apple!! - lol

    I can see why you and Nige are sooo proud of Joel and Georgia (she gave me goosebumps)I loved Joels performance as well, but what happened to the Beauty and the Beast clip? I'd love to see that again he was fantastic!! I noticed there was no clip of you this time - why not??

    See you again soon
    love 'n' hugs
    Gill
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rosemary, Loved the clip of Joan! I was crying with laughter all the way through. Your mum really is a one-off and a very special person. The videos of Joel and Georgia were very special, too. I wish I'd been able to come to see you all. See you on Thursday. Love x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think your rather brave, i wouldnt of done that, had a good laugh all the videos were great.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete