Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Nearly there!

Don't you just love it when all the things on your 'to do' list get ticked off and it's only mid afternoon. We are working from home today prepping for the card camp this coming weekend with 50 lovely like-minded ladies (at the card camp that is, not at home with me.) Really looking forward to cracking the whip and working them hard, but the hotel meals make it all worthwhile. Cannot believe this is the 8th residential retreat we have run. I remember clearly our first conversation that went something like - "wouldn't it be great to .......".

Had a really enjoyable weekend last weekend that began with a coffee morning on Saturday (a repeat of our Thursday one). All of my Saturday ladies were scrap bookers as well as cardmakers which made for a perfect group for me. I told you in my last post that I was going to demo how to use one 12 x 12 lace cardstock sheet and make multiple cards and a layout from it. Well it went down a storm with them wanting to sign up to a workshop there and then on the same theme. Seems a lot of us are daunted by similar things.

This is the original sheet, only the word 'be' was in the open box top left. I had to photograph a sheet I have pieced back together from the demo.



I would honestly never use a sheet like this 'whole', but how useful and economical it becomes when you cut it apart. The card below was cut from the top left corner and turned over so I had white to work with instead. Just scraps of paper were used to fill behind the apertures.



The next card used the bottom left corner and was hinged on a strip at the spine meaning it could be opened as a layer. This could also have been stuck to acetate to make a similar effect. Didn't get chance to finish this one but you get the idea.



I lifted this whole piece with foam pads to give a bit of depth, and used a pen to doodle faux stitching to give the birds and hearts some definition.



Just some layering up made one small piece into a decent sized card. Although you cant tell from the photo there is a glazed and slight glitter effect on the lace sheet.


And lastly, a 12 x 12 layout. I have scraplifted this layout idea from a Jennifer Maguire idea in an old Creating Keepsakes magazine where she used floral lace paper. The strips are for jounalling.


I am on the hunt for other designs now as I have some more ideas.

Anyhows must go make tea. Nige saw me ogling an Eton Mess at our local farm shop this afternoon and when I went to the car with boring things like potatoes and bread he snook back and bought it! Raspberries and meringue are two of my very favourite things! Oh, after chocolate that is.

Hope you are having a great week. See some of you on Friday - can't wait.

Love Rosemary x
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

8 comments:

  1. A very useful sheet indeed, so many possibilities. Beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's really resourceful. I think I'll have to try that out for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you on Friday Rosemary! Looking forward to it, not the drive though! Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really must do a workshop, it was fab.

    Getting excited about the weekend, trouble is cannot find my envelope....it's got to be here somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sheet and I love the cards sign me up for a workshop on this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work Rosemary. You are always such an inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had a great weekend Rosemary! I made it home ok, journey was pretty much ok! Had such a fabulous time and am very depressed about being back now! Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just received a cheque for $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much money you can make filling out paid surveys at home...

    So I show them a video of myself actually getting paid $500 for paid surveys.

    ReplyDelete