Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Sunday - a day of rest - not likely!

Oh how quickly Sunday came round at our card making retreat! Although Lynn was so desperate not to have to attend that day that she threw herself at a wall! Ouch!



Craft totes awaited our ladies with materials for the mornings project stuffed inside. This session was our technique boutique where we try a variety of techniques using various materials. We decided to showcase these techniques on a canvas themed in red, white and blue to commemorate the forthcoming royal wedding. We even had an embossed crown embellishment on there.





The techniques/materials we used included alcohol inks, crackle paint, cosmic shimmer watercolour paints, grunge paper and pressure embossing.



We enjoyed a carvery Sunday lunch and then back to our final session. Easter baskets with chicks and sweets helped keep sugar levels up. We used three new ranges from Best Creations for our final workshop - let's party, baby safari and travel!



It's always sad when good things come to an end but it's not too long for some to wait until our scrapbooking retreat in july. Everyone had received goodies,







(after asking to have 52 eggs personalised we are banned from our local Thorntons)!
made 20 cards/notelets and a canvas to display in their craft space and some ladies were also lucky enough to win one of the many spot and raffle prizes we drew over the weekend. Hopefully all went away tired but happy.



Nige and I arrived home at five o'clock and were both asleep by ten past!

Onwards and upwards to the next retreat now.

Love Rosemary x






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Yes the goodies were wonderful. I was tickled pink with my Easter Egg and with my name spelt correctly. I have never had anything personlised like that because of the spelling of my name.

    This is what I love about you, all the little details you take care of. Like matching the totes to the colour of esisting totes and crop hoppers every one had.

    You really care about your ladies and it shows, in fact it glows.

    Hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have just read your message re QVC. I can't believe that they can't even reply to you! I think they have treated you so badly but your behaviour is so dignified.

    I hope that C&C snap you up (like they did with Leonie - it's now obvious how much her talents were wasted at QVC, and we know that yours are!)

    I know that you wouldn't voice your opinions on here but I think that QVC's craft shows are becoming so boring and repetitive, if I do bother to record them, it's so I can watch them on fast forward(x32!) and I know that I'm not alone in this. I think you are too good to be associated with them! Good luck with whatever challenge/opportunity may come along next!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy time you had, doing so many projects. I unfortunately couldn't go this year due to moving house for the second time in 8 months. I went to last year's cardmaking retreat and it was excellent; good company, good food, nice room, visits to the gym, goody bags, tonnes of shopping to be done and of course time out from routine to do what I enjoy. I'll have to see if I can twist Chris's arm to let me go again next year. Keep up the brilliant work Rosemary, Debi and of course his majesty Nige :-)

    ReplyDelete