Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Greetings from our Welshpool office!

After a very hectic week in the Merry household and the realization that we wouldn't be able to visit our caravan for the next five weekends we did a bit of jiggery pokery and managed to spend Monday and half of Tuesday here this week. The only annoying thing is that although this is the place we work best at we get very limited reception as we are in a valley. So this photo shows me in the Welshpool office catching up on emails and texts - seriously the only place we can get a connection is at the top of the field! Yes that's me under the tree.




You scrappy campers should have received your package by now with all the details for the next residential retreat in less than three weeks. Workshop bookings are coming in fast and furious so don't hang about as there is some limit on numbers. We are really looking forward to this.



On Saturday I had a great day at the Craft Range in Burnley demonstrating the Vagabond machine and Marianne dies. Seriously what a great combination. It was great chatting with all you crafters and how well looked after were Nige and I with coffee and a lovely lunch. (I will demo the Vagabond at our coffee mornings next week at Crab Apple - Thursday is well and truly full but there are still some free places on the Saturday morning).









Our July 'Stay n Play' will use the Basic Grey new Sweet Threads kit. Those of you attending these sessions are loving the cards these kits make.







Joel has had a part in Jesus Christ Superstar at Theatre Clwyd this last week and Georgia had her first gig with Brownpaper Productions last Friday at the Mold Contact club. What a very special night that turned out to be. To see the enjoyment this group got from dancing the night away was awesome. They had no inhibitions at all and were so appreciative. Very humbling!

Take That were amazing - that is until number 1 friend decided to collapse at the barrier and have to be lifted out of the crowd by the paramedics. So do I stay and watch what was a fantastic show or do I push my way through the thousands around me on the pitch to support my poor friend! Easy - stay and watch! No seriously I dutifully made my way to the first aid room and asked her what on earth she thought she was playing at! We are still friends though.

Off to make a few more lists, by hand, in my notebook, in the absence of technology! Have to get back to Frodsham for this evening as we have another doggy photoshoot. This is Fizz from our last one.



Hope you are having a great week.

Rosemary x

PS Notice I didn't mention the incessant rain once!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Greetings from a very wet Chester. Hope your friend is ok after collapsing at the Take That concert - must have been the excitement!! We were singing, dancing and throwing our arms everywhere - would do it all again if we could. No beans to spill yet then?

    See you at Saturday coffee morning

    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend okay thanks Karen. Yes what a fab night. No news yet I am afraid but things slowly ticking over. Look forward to seeing you next week xx

    ReplyDelete