Tuesday, 30 August 2011

The heat is on .....

Literally! That was not an intro to a song. Can you believe it went horrible so quickly. Don't normally mind getting out the woollies but we haven't been away this year and I don't feel ready for dark nights and grey skies yet.

Just because I have been quiet doesnt mean I have been idle. My friend Janey and I made 90 thank you cards for a charity concert two weekends ago. We got a production line going and with coffee, cake and chat, the job didn't seem half as bad.






The shop has also been really busy. Obviously this is due in part to the new products that have been coming in every week but also it always feels that when the weather turns nasty our thoughts turn to getting going on our crafting again. Although I seriously hope the current weather is only a minor hiccup and that we haven't seen the last of summer!

Before I go any further I want to say a massive thank you for all the birthday cards and gifts I received last week. It was so kind and thoughtful. These are just a few of the cards I received.






And the cake Annette made!



Our Autumn/Christmas workshop programme starts with a fanfare this week with our two coffee mornings where I will highlight some of the many new products we have had coming in and throw some demos in too. The Basic Grey Nordic range is shown below.





Also, for the first time, we are holding a preview afternoon. Debi is working really hard to make as many samples as she can for that day so that you can see what the work shops will involve. There are some limitations in that some christmas ranges don't come in until October but if we don't have samples we will, hopefully, have storyboards to show you what materials and techniques you will use on the classes. Also Debi and I will be there to answer any queries you have on the workshops. All are welcome - it is free - and coffee will be provided.

Better get back to my prep for Thursday. Before I forget, Crab Apple now has a facebook page - if you want to follow you can join from this blog page.

Cheerio for now

Rosemary x





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment