Sunday, 1 January 2012

Happy New Year!

Come hell or high water, I was determined I would blog today to wish you all a very happy, healthy and crafty New Year. Yes I did take a couple of weeks out after our November retreat but, without boring you all with technical stuff that I really don't understand myself, my usual blogging avenue has been temporarily (I hope) closed off and is under review. So I’m having to go about this with massive help from Nige and in a very long winded way.

I send a huge thank you for all the lovely cards and gifts. I can't believe how many of you know I have a passion for owls and Yankee candles. My house is the best smelling owl sanctuary in the country! I even have owl wellies and pj's since Christmas.

I managed to attend a quilting workshop mid December that Nige actually bought as a gift for me last Christmas. I had a lovely relaxing time and am proud to say I completed a cushion cover in prairie queen block style (yes you can see owls on that fabric).

The rest of my pre Christmas build up seemed to be spent in various hospital waiting rooms with mum and dad waiting for check-ups or consultations for one or both. But all went well and it was good to spend time with them no matter where it was. I’m even skilled in wheelchair driving now as mum has limited mobility as she waits for a knee replacement.

Nige and I have spent a number of days this week sorting the shop out and we both feel inspired for the new year. The sale is looking good and we already have new stuff coming into the shop. It has been good having the time to really sort out things that have been neglected and we’ve been brainstorming new ideas and products. After a tough year in retail last year I did wonder if it would be difficult to get motivated but that hasn’t been a problem for either of us.

Our workshop programme has been released and some classes are half full already - Craftwork Cards 'secret garden' and Tons of Techniques on Tags are storming ahead.

Since we sent the email we’ve slotted in a Hougie board class that had been much requested. That class is on the afternoon of February 24th. Instead of a Thru' the Year layout class this year I’ve decided to do various layout classes to help speed up the scrap booking process for you. Also I’ve updated my Intro to Scrapbooking that will mean less thinking for you and be more layout based, covering the elements of building scrapbook pages such as design, titles, matting and journalling.

Anyway considering I only wanted to wish you Happy New Year I think I’ve rambled on rather too much, and had better quit.

Looking forward to sharing another crafting year with you, and Cubby-the-reindeer says 'Hi'

Love, Rosemary x

No comments:

Post a Comment