Saturday, 7 January 2012

The North Wind Doth Blow!

We have had a week of putting fence panels back in and trying to anticipate which will be next to 'pop' out. Being on a corner plot and at the top of a very exposed hill doesn't help at all. Cubby has had to have a vest made with weights for our daily walks - only joking, but I did keep him on his lead a couple of mornings just in case. Imagine my joy yesterday when I realised my blogging problems had all been sorted. Still majorly cross about all the other stuff I lost but won't bore you with that unless you have a spare couple of hours!! I put away all the Christmas decorations for another year. That was a story in itself - how to remove a 7ft 'real' tree from the house through two rooms and over two steps with little mess - and on my own! Impossible! I had to stop twice to empty the pine needles from my slippers. It took me a full morning to remove it and then clear the trail I had left in doing so! It was the worst tree we have ever had for dropping pine needles. But one decoration I can't face putting away is the Christmas card a friend sent us. She has some health problems and I know the work this took.


All the images are stamped, coloured and cut out. As I tidied and was putting photos and scrap book pages away from this past year it was good to relive the highlights.If you haven't tried scrap booking yet or haven't had the time to do as much as you liked this past year why not just do a double page layout with photos of the highlights of the year. It can be as simple as the one I did for Georgia some years back.





Immediately from that I can see it was the year she started school, she was an angel in the nativity play, it was the year Lady Heyes opened (the photo with Bob Carolgees and Spit the dog was from the official opening), and how we celebrated her birthday. So much there I would have had no chance of remembering. Incidentally l found a great iPhone/iPad app yesterday called Photo365. It was recommended in the new scrapbook mag and allows you to take photos for every day of the year and stores them calendar style. Nige was so impressed he is going to get it too. I am currently working on class descriptions for our workshops. The most popular class by far is the layouts one and that thrills me as you know scrap booking is my passion. The tags techniques one is proving popular too








There are tons of techniques on these tags (these are just a sample of the ones you will make). We will be using Indigo Blu stamps, distress stains, tim holtz products, sticky back canvas etc etc. Our sale in the shop started really well this week. The number of you there for opening took us by surprise - in fact I had to park on the caravan park overspill site! It was a lovely atmosphere and good to catch up and wish a happy new year to so many of you.


Anyway its the start of Panto week today - oh yes it is! And although I am not actually in it this time I will have some equally important job backstage like making sure the dames wig is on straight or that he doesn't have lipstick on his teeth! Keep safe and warm in this winter weather and if it is too bad to go out get crafting! Love Rosemary x - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Retirement may have to be back to hubby's roots as the best crafters are up north!

    All the best with Joel's panto! Love the cover version too, great voice, good future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I cannot view your photo's:(
    This is me getting back to blogging and getting my crafting head on. Looking forward to doing quite a few workshops this year. See you soon.

    Big hugs

    Sheilagh
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheilagh - I think the hosting site was having some problems last night because I couldn't see the photos either. However, they're back this morning - let me know if you still can't see them.

    Big huggs back atcha

    Nige x

    ReplyDelete