Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Back, and broke!

What a fab two days we had at the NEC. Nige and I normally run around all in one day feeling we miss more than we see so it was great to be able to take our time over two days. And boy did we have a good spend. We formed a plan on Sunday for all that we wanted to buy on Monday. That went very well until we kept finding more products that we just had to have that we hadn't seen on Sunday. On top of what we did buy we have a list of products to bring in over the next few months. Exciting! I have a coffee morning planned for mid-April to show some of these lovely goodies so watch this space.

It was a lovely time of catching up with people I know from the industry that I only see on such occasions. Kirsty Wiseman showed me how best to colour faces with pro markers(not actual faces - stamped images I mean!), Jodie from Tonic (and Create &Craft) showed us some fantastic border punches that go through cardboard, and some other tips with punches. We met up with Dawn Bibby, Leonie (who was demoing and getting very messy), the girls from Kanban including Wendy and Dawn ( their booth was outstanding - well done Jill), Kay from hougie, Lindsay Mason, Kay from Indigo Blu who was buzzing as they won an award for their stamps, and loads more.

I am so excited for the new products to start arriving.Watch this space.

As promised here are some photos from our Indigo Blu demo last Saturday.



The little butterfly below was punched from a double sided adhesive sheet.


The beautiful gilded border was created using double sided peel offs.


An embossing folder was used to create the effect below.



We are running a number of workshops next month incorporating the above techniques. April workshop dates will be available next week.

Keep on keeping on.

Rosemary x
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. How are your feet my dear? :)
    Has Nige survived ok?

    hugs

    Sheilagh
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has taken me two days to recover. Don't think Nige was too well as he was encouraging me to spend money! Xx

    ReplyDelete