Thursday, 9 February 2012

Her Maj!

What a mixed bag this week has brought with different challenges every day. Tuesday saw Mr Nigel and I at the NEC for the humongous spring trade fair of anything and everything. Certain trends definitely stood out.

Vintage is still very on trend as are birds and owls. I was seriously in owly heaven. I suggested to Nige that I set up a shop with just owly things and call it The Owl Sanctuary but he made a ridiculous comment that maybe not every one feels the same as I do about the little creatures.

Anyone and everyone had union jack products - some more tasteful than others! In fact the lady herself was promoting her new range of novelty products.



The resemblance was uncanny and I just wanted to stare. She was more like the real thing than the real thing if you get my drift. I text the photo to Georgia and her reply was - "who the heck's that then?" A tad worrying.

Flags of all sizes were also everywhere and this is very evident in new craft products too along with banners and bunting.

Off to Craft n Chat today. Hoping to get mum there for a couple of hours, mobility allowing. Will take her mind off her knee op at the weekend. She posted this photo on Facebook yesterday and it was a lovely reminder of times before sticks and wheelchairs. Typically mum - I love it.



Have a good day whatever you are doing!

Hugs

Rosemary x
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment