Monday, 23 April 2012

Done & Dusted!

What a week that was! Coffee morning with twenty five ladies on Thursday, a full days demo for Debi on Saturday and the rest of the time rustling up as many samples as we could for the two hour show at Create & Craft on Sunday morning. We only stopped to sleep! I cant thank Debi enough - I couldn't have done it without her. I even forgot to pick Georgia up from school one day - seriously.


Although I had visited the studios at Ideal World some months back it was my first live show with them and what an enjoyable experience it was. I was excited to be on air with Lottie as she has a background in musical theatre and that is aways a great thing in my book. But everybody there was so pleasant and helpful it was almost unreal. Over 100 emails came through during the show welcoming me to the channel and that blew me away. I came away buzzing.

And as if that wasn't enough I spent the whole two and a half hour journey home reading texts, emails, Facebook, twitter and blog messages that so many of you (over 180!!!!) sent. And that doesn't include any comments on the forums. I did start to reply individually but it became impossible especially as I have still been receiving them today. Thank you seems inadequate for the way it made me feel but I do mean that sincerely. You all said such nice things and if it hadn't been for my dad giving me some negative feedback(!!!!) my head might have been too big to fit through the front door. So thank you, thank you, thank you. I was so overwhelmed. I love my job and know I am the most fortunate person to have what was my hobby as my daily work!

I tried to show as many samples as possible but there were a few I didn't manage to show and I thought you might like to see some of them.



A twisted easel card using Bazoo papers.


These owls are from the stamp kit. All the stamps were adorable. The papers were from the Spring Drop paper pad.



A card using papers from my favourite pad to air - Spring Feast 6" x 6".



8"x 8"layout using a stencil and then papers from Love Letters 6"x 6" pad. The same paper pad was used for the butterfly card below.



Today I thought I better tidy the house as my priorities were elsewhere all last week. I even went out and bought steak for tea to ease my guilty conscience for neglecting everyone. Even the dogs were getting pretty fed up with it all.

I am off now for a glass of wine and another early night. I don't want to gush any more but thank you again for all your support.

Love and hugs

Rosemary x






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

  1. You did great! Can't wait for your next live show! Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you really did enjoy it as it can be hard to tell sometimes. You were a natural which obviously isn't surprising considering your experience. Great products too - the 8x8 pads particularly as I make mini-albums that size. Keep on enjoying! :-) I loved that first album you showed too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust dad to keep your feet on the ground:)
    You were FABULOUS, such a natural. I was glued to the show for the full two hours, but under strict orders not to buy anything :( I have such a wicked husband as you know!!

    I hope they give you a regular slot Rosemary, scrapbooking is getting a raw deal in the shopping channel's. You are what is needed out there and NOW!!

    Love and hugs

    Sheilagh..and Ralph... he thought you were great too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosemary, its such a pleasure to watch you again on the TV, I recorded the show so that I can make the items that you showed us how to do as I know I would have forgotten half of the instructions by the time you were off air. Just loved all your products and wish you all the success in your new TV venture. (I will be glued to the screen!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rosemary - I'm not a scrapbooker - but I do love watching your demonstrations. Beautiful products too - I have been lusting after some of those paper pads for ages.Good to see you back on our screens. Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I loved what I saw, and you have encouraged me to go back to scrapping { I have been making cards }. The only problem I have is that I cannot tape programmes & have forgotten how to do the 9 square meander book. I have contacted c&c and Ideal world to tell them the video they have cuts out halfway through, but after 2 calls and 25 minutes nothing has come of it.Is there any way you can help please as my friends & i would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone and yes I know how cruel Ralph is Sheilagh! I am just about to post some photos of the maze book hopefully to help

    ReplyDelete