Monday, 3 September 2012

Bye bye Summer!

Oo I love this time of year. Don't get me wrong - I love warmer days and light nights but September is a time of fresh starts( like new satchels - showing my age - and notebooks) and autumn days. Thinking about it I have only loved this time of year since I left school!!
This is my new birthday notebook.



Anyhoo first of all thank you for all my lovely birthday messages, pressies and cards. I had a lovely few days of relaxing and family and had some great presents. Thanks Annette for the chappie below!



This past weekend saw our new Autumn workshop programme start with a bang. On Saturday we had a 12 hour crop with plenty of pastries and pizza and I entertained with a spot of craft knife juggling. Seriously it was carnage at Crab Apple - I even had blood on my shoes. I will be running a new class on what not to do with a bunch of craft knives!

(should be photo here of craft knife wound)!

Yesterday I had a lovely morning teaching a layout class to a great bunch. What a relaxing way to spend a Sunday morning. We used 10 techniques on one single page layout! You can't tell from the photo but there were flaps and pockets galore.


We have some beautiful new paper ranges in the shop - my faves have to be the vintage white textured 'Peaceful' from Authentique and Simple Stories new Christmas range 'Handmade Holidays'. These photos show the pads but we have single 12 x 12 sheets.





If you are free this coming Saturday afternoon (8th) come along to our workshop preview afternoon and see what classes we have coming up in the next few months. Or just come for a natter and some cake and coffee!

My Create & Craft dates for September are Tuesday 11th at 8am and 1pm, Friday 14th at 10am and 4pm, and Sunday 23rd at 9-11am and 5pm. These are all on Create & Craft (and not Ideal World) as far as I know.

Off to prep for a very varied week - a private Christmas card/mini book class for a new group of ladies tomorrow and then parchment craft classes later in the week. How lucky am I to call this my job?

Check the website in the next few days for details of our Birthday demo day 22nd September with Kay from Indigo Blu to mention only one of the five demonstrators on that day.

Off to make a few notes in my new notebook with my new pen! I am so easily pleased.

Happy days to you,

Rosemary x


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. My favourite month of the year for similar reasons Rosemary, feels like a fresh new start each September. My favourite season too :o)

    Love

    Sheilagh xx

    ReplyDelete