Thursday, 27 September 2012

Mini book instructions

Hi All

Hope you are drying out after the abysmal weather at the start of the week! You know how I hate rain so I will move on swiftly before I get into my usual tirade.

I have been as busy as a very busy bee this week. Our birthday demo day last weekend was a resounding success - thank you to all those who came. I know from many of you that you thoroughly enjoyed all the demos.

Then I really enjoyed my shows on Sunday at Create & Craft. I am currently prepping for demos for tomorrows Polkadoodles show at noon. So many have asked for instructions for the mini book I made in the morning show so here goes (still working on the video tutorials!!).






The above photo shows the book fully opened and both sides can be used for photos, journalling etc.. The photo below shows the bottom right panel folded in as the first step to closing the book up.


The bottom two flaps then get folded up so you have one row of what looks like three squares. The book then concertinas from the right. My picture of this stage is missing!



Sorry they are scrappy photos but the above shows the three pieces you need. Fold an eight inch square in half one way, open up and then fold in half the other way so that you have four quadrants.

Cut one 8" x 4" piece and fold in half.

Cut one 8.25" x 4" piece and score at 4" and 4.25" to make a quarter inch spine to take the bulk of the book.



Attach the two pieces as shown above - the spine piece is top left.

Hope this makes sense. These are not official instructions - just my interpretation. You can resize or fold up any way you wish.

Have fun.

Rosemary x

PS tune in at noon tomorrow to see two mini books and one layout demo I have planned using Polkadoodles Gingerbread Twist.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the instructions, will definitely be giving this ago. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Rosemary - was hoping you'd add this to your blog - I was frantically trying to scribble it down on Sunday whilst watching you! You're a star, as always - looking forward to watching today too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rosemary I echo Jackie's comment. You make it look so easy:o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks heaps rosemary. I too watched the live demo so will defo be giving this a go once I decide which card stock/papers to use. Could be there a while,..............

    ReplyDelete
  5. I became a Follower straight after the TV programme and have already made 3 of the One Sheet Minibooks from the tutorial in the side bar. Cant wait to have a go at this one as well. Thanks for sharing. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee thanks Linda. Love your enthusiasm. That inspires me. Hope you're having fun. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I shall be giving this a try! Thank you also for the chance to win the birthday blog hop goodies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely idea, I'll try this out & thanks for the birthday blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely! Thanks for the Birthday Blog Hop! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am on the blog hop ....not sure if I have arrived at yur right blog post but if not I am hopping! I have visited your shop many times in the past but am due another visit as it's been a while...Thank you for being part of the Tando Creative birthday celebrations....as they make some lovely products! Suzanne B

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doing the blog hop but already subscibe to yours as I love your mini books and albums. Thanks for sharing your projects and for being part of the Tando birthday bash...x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope this is OK for the Tando birthday blog hop? You minibooks look great.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful books and thanks for the detailed instructions! Lovey site too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rosemary just realised who you are and I love watching your scrapbook ideas on C&C :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete