Monday, 24 December 2012

A Book and a Yankee Candle!

That's what is on my list to Santa!



I am hoping that by now you are all quite chilled and just anticipating at least a couple of days of doing little more than eating and relaxing. For the first time in as long as I can remember Nige and I awoke yesterday with the thought that there was nothing at all that actually had to be done so we could do as we chose. So Nige faffed about with lights for outside and I cleaned the kitchen! Old habits die hard. At midnight Nige and the kids went off to Tesco - not because we needed anything but just because tesco was opening at midnight and it seemed a fun thing to do to begin Christmas Eve!

Today Nige will be making his Christmas breakfast casserole. This is a recipe we were given from the Crane Creek Inn in Florida some years back.


6 slices bread, cubed
1 pound sausage meat cooked and crumbled
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
6 eggs lightly beaten
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt and 1 tsp dry mustard
Pinch of nutmeg

1. Layer bread, sausage and cheese in greased shallow baking dish
2. Combine eggs, milk, salt and mustard
3. Pour egg mixture over bread, cover and refrigerate overnight
4. When ready to serve bake in preheated 350 deg F oven for 45 minutes

I am a sucker for one-pot meals and this is ideal for Christmas morning when so much is going on.

This past year has been a tough one (as it has for many in retail) and we have already started to discuss changes we want to make for the next year. Nige is going off to join the circus! Actually that was my idea - not his. I love change even if it is just moving the furniture around, but we will keep you informed. Our workshop programme for jan/feb will be out in the next week and don't forget our Winter sale starts next Saturday 29th January.

We are mega excited about going off to California in two weeks. I have no idea why people laugh scornfully when I say it is for work purposes. I can't help it if the hotel is across the road from Disney. I will try and post during the trip to tell you what new things we are seeing and buying. I am also attending classes and I have booked Nige onto numerous demo-nars and webinars to keep him busy. We will be spending a couple of days with our dear friend Skip, who lives in Malibu and was our Pastor here in Frodsham for some years (he actually married us!). Have to have someone to blame.

All that remains is for me to wish you all a very happy Christmas and thank you for your continued support - it really is appreciated. Thank you also for your cards and gifts - we are always amazed at the kindness shown us. I hope that 2013 is a happy and healthy year for everyone of you.



With love

Rosemary x

Ps Waiting for Santa!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment