Monday, 28 January 2013

Winner and Washi!

Well thank you all for your comments - the winner of the ideology bag is (drum roll) - Jacqui aka Morgana. Well done to you! The bag is packaged up and if you can email your address to us tonight it will be on its way tomorrow.

I have been getting a lot of questions about washi tape and I did try to show a few ways of using it during my Saturday shows at Create & Craft but here is a quick photo tutorial showing two simple usages.

As I am leaving lots of white space on this very simple layout I made my own dot stencil with a piece of acetate and my crop-a-dile and then sponged ink through it.





I then laid strips of washi tape down and across my layout lifting a couple of pieces in order to create a weave although washi is semi transparent so doesn't need much weaving to look good. Chevron ends can be cut into some or all of the ends of the tape if desired. Washi/tissue tape can normally be pulled up without ripping the cardstock surface but different card reacts in different ways so be cautious.



I drew a double black line around the edge of the page and ran the same ink I had used to stencil with around the page also. I attached three small pieces of washi top left.


I created the flowers by tearing off a strip of washi tape and twisting it into a thin strip - don't try to make all the adhesive be on the inside as being 'sticky' will help with the next step.





Roll the strip into a spiral to create a rosette flower and stick to a small piece of cardstock. I used glossy accents to stick it down. Put a pearl or rhinestone in the centre of the flower. You could now embellish the flower with glamour dust if so desired without adding more adhesive. Tip the excess off. Complete the page as shown. (The photos were originally supposed to be of our daughter Georgia and her boyfriend - hence the 'just because' title - but these photos were to hand. Georgia was not impressed!)



The presenters both kindly advertised my washi class for me without me even asking them! It is on Thursday, March 21st at 10.30am. Our March schedule is out later this week.

Check back in the next couple of days for more samples using washi/tissue tape.

Have a good week

Hugs

Rosemary x











- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Poor old Georgia getting ousted by Boo again :-) Great layout Rosemary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I lived closer or even on the same island.lol and I would go to one of your classes I will have to settle for a visit to the shop in the summer as I love my time there a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer?? What's that Pauline? Please make sure to make yourself known to us when you visit.

    Thanks Diane - and for always being so supportive. X

    ReplyDelete