Thursday, 21 March 2013

Still here!


Am I forgiven for being a little tardy with my blog posts for the past few weeks? Pleeeeease. You see I have had to be the 'all things to all people' person running all the classes, sorting our mega demo day, ordering all the new goodies from the two trade shows, merchandising it in a pleasing manner in the shop, interviewing new workshop tutors, selling the ice creams and the programmes and on and on and on in droney manner.............! I am not asking for sympathy though - I love being busy.

Assuming I am forgiven I will move swiftly along to catch you up on what has been happening. Both Skipton and Liverpool Craft clubs have visited for some craftiness over the past few weeks. Love having them visit but just wish they were nearer as I am sure I could have quite a bit of crafty fellowship with both these groups.


Woodware reckon this flower stamp is their fastest selling stamp ever.





You might recognise the zentangle card as the one we did on the make and take at our uber successful Birthday weekend recently. Here it is again with the tangles inside the stamped image this time.


These Woodware stamps are perfect for this technique and there are lots of open word ones too. The little elephant was paper pieced and again woodware have some great stamps for this technique.

Won't extropolate (is that a word, and did I use it in the right context?) on the demo day again as I am sure Nige has emailed about that but we had the best and busiest day ever. Great demos, great atmosphere and great fellowship with you all. Watch this space for our September date that is already being planned.

I had a reunion meet up with my two best friends from junior school a couple of weeks back. We haven't met up since we were twelve. I did approach this with some concerns - will we have changed so much we won't get on or have nothing in common anymore?- but I needn't have worried as it was the most perfect evening. We didn't stop talking and reminiscing and catching up - we had to be thrown out of the pub at 11.30pm as they were waiting to lock up! I had 3 missed calls and 6 irate texts from Georgia asking where I was and what I thought I was playing at!


New products are arriving weekly and I am trying to find the time to work with G45's beautiful Secret Garden collection. I am recycling again but don't want to say more in case it doesn't work out. You are loving the G45 Place in Time mini album class that first runs the end of March. I love that there are bits left over to make cards throughout the year. This card was so speedy.


The Bo Bunny Prairie Chic range that arrived last week is calling me too. Love the stonewashed colours. I am working on a mini album/gift project that will run as a class in May/June.


We have three super new tutors starting to teach classes during April and May. Their classes for April are already full! I will introduce you to them and their styles in a later posting.

Well I am off to teach a big washi tape class today. Just can't get enough of this mighty crafting product. Tried making a list of its uses as a handout for the class - gave up as I was moving onto my third side of A4 paper!





I have no new dates for Create & Craft shows at the moment. I have missed it in the past month but with all that has been going on it is probably just as well. I will keep you posted.

Off to Yorkshire this weekend for a full weekend of craftiness run by a friend and fellow store owner, and I cant begin to tell you how excited I am. Packing plenty of magazines and snacks; have downloaded lots of missed TV progs to my iPad. Note to self - remember to tell Georiga the phone signal there is virtually non-existent so that she doesn't pester me.

I will leave you with a thought - "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - its about learning to dance in the rain".

Keep on crafting

Hugs

Rosemary x

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

  1. A fabbo blog post Rosemary; full of news and happy times and the trials and tribulations of being a mum who lives the wild life ;-)
    Have a great time in Yorkshire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary,
    Can't wait for weekend either! Not too sure of you will need the snacks, we don't usually eat for a few days afterwards :)
    Just think you can come along and play with the rest of us, not having to worry how everyone is doing, just chill, play, eat and drink :)
    See you in the shop for coffee and cake?
    Gill Newton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Diane!

    Gill I can't wait to do all those things. Bit worried about the weather though - will bring my snow shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a brilliant evening, should be home soon so we can have another catch up. Am discovering all my old friends now, just found one of my best friends from when I was in my 20's via facebook and we're meeting up soon! Are you going to scrap the pic? Maybe we both should and e mail the results to each other and Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just sorry we didn't take more photos - too busy chatting! Next time we must! Xxx

    ReplyDelete