Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Filigree fun.

Can't believe its almost a week since our Coffee Morning. It's been a lovely week though with a 12 hour Scrapathon for National Scrapbook Day and LOADS of glorious sunshine. We tried not to miss any of it - had our first barbecue of the year!

I promised to show you one of the demos I had been working on for the coffee morning. I had great fun making as many cards as I could with this pack of filigree papers. There are 5 papers in the pack in different pastel colours.


This first card is purely three sections of one sheet cut in different colours and pieced. Carefully cut the corners away first to use later. Just make sure you cut in the same place for each or they will look odd when you join them. Add gems, pearls,crystal glitter to your hearts content.


This next shows how I used various corners and joined two at a time to form a square. I raised these squares from my base card with foam pads. A thin strip of co-ordinating cardstock was mounted above the squares to ground the greeting.


Next I punched two hearts from one of the papers and two hearts from white cardstock too. I glued a strip of the same colour lace paper to the bottom of the card front and hid the raw edge with some rick rack ribbon. A doily, flowers, greeting and pearls were also added.


This card was one I made with left overs. The flower heads were not as hard to cut as they look. The stalks were slivers I had cut making earlier cards. I love the fresh and clean look of the colours of these papers against white cardstock.



I have another six to show you and will post more in a couple of days.

Hope your week is a good one!

Hugs

Rosemary x

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment