Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Happy May!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I know the heading of this post sounds very physical and I WAS exhausted but I did really enjoy Saturdays scrapbooking and zentangle classes. I loved the enthusiasm I felt from the ladies on both classes. And boy did I work them hard on the layouts class.

We explored different ways of using tags on a layout. Tags can be any size or any shape so paper ranges that have the cut apart sheets in them are ideal. We used such sheets and made mulitple pockets and tags. We can use the tags as photo mats and for hidden journalling. We can also slip mementoes or other ephemera into the pockets. To access the tags make a slit in the page protector where the top of the pocket is and insert the tags etc from outside the protector. This first one uses Authentiques 'Spring'.

This next one shows the same technique but uses Bo Bunny's 'Prairie Chic'. The paper is not banana shaped - the light was fading so I stood the layout up in my light tent!

We also made a layout using tags as decorative elements and to ground things such as the title. My inspiration for this layout came from a layout on Pinterest. These papers are from Kaisercrafts Lavender Haze.

Our last layout showed how to use tags as photo mats. I also wanted to make the ladies look at what appears on the surface to be a serious, heritagey range of papers in a different light. This range is Kaisercrafts Remember Me. (Again - not banana shaped paper)! I love that the barcode strips on Kaisercraft paper are decorative on one side. Here I used the poppy strip fading away to nothing on two edges, and one sheet had lots of single words that I cut apart and used randomly around the page. The lines emanating from the tags are faux stitching produced with a ruler, pokey tool and black pen. I saw this idea in a mag but with real stitching. It helps ground the tags. Buttons, ribbons, bakers twine, gems, candi or just punched holes etc etc could be used to finish the tag tops.

In the last ten minutes we quickly made a tag fold-out book comprising five tags that could stand alone as a mini book or be attached to a layout to hold more photos/journalling. Hint - fold back up from the bottom.

Busy busy working on demos for coffee morning tomorrow. Got inky fingers and nails! Customers ask how they can use particular products so I set myself a challenge to use a Docrafts filigree paper pack in as many ways as possible. Will share what I did in another post.

Hope you are enjoying the glorious sunshine. After a day working outside in the sunshine Nige made a lovely cajun chicken taco meal for tea last night complete with soured cream and guacamole. His salad comprised lettuce, tomatoes, grated cheese and diced ...... COURGETTE!!! He thought it was cucumber but Joel and I queried this as it had no centre and was very dark green. He stroppily insisted it was cucumber and that he had bought a pack of three small ones. We knew straight away then! Pass the rennies! Bless him for trying.

Until next time

Rosemary x

No comments:

Post a Comment