Thursday, 25 July 2013

Live, laugh, love!

Another retreat bites the dust - but what a blast we had. I am sure I had as much fun as if I had been an attendee and that's saying something. Next years Scrapcamp has only 12 places remaining. Novembers retreat is chocca block but we do have a waiting list if you are interested.

Just wanted to show you a suggestion for using these wooden blanks we stock in the shop. There are numerous different shaped packs and they dont have to be stacked as I have done. They could be hung one above the other. The edges look like they do because they have been laser cut but this could be used to your advantage if you were leaving them natural coloured.


I covered the two pieces with decorative paper from Teresa Collins Stationery Noted range. I trimmed the edges and gave them a quick sand to smooth.


Use a strong wet glue (such as the new collall tacky glue) to adhere them one on top of the other. I used a charcoal cats eye ink to edge both pieces before I glued them together.


The extra wood pieces are also from Adornit.


I chose not to colour these. From the same paper range I chose and cut a postcard saying and diecut some rosette flowers. I also created some bunting. Mess about with the placement until you are happy with it. I inked the edges of all the paper elements with the charcoal ink again. Glue all the elements down when you are happy with the design.


Use a cropadile to punch two holes to add twine or ribbon to form a hanger. Voila!


Tomorrow, Saturday, we will be at Artstamps Wrexham, so if you want a crafty browse, come along. I am also hosting two workshops during the day.

Happy Friday!

Rosemary x


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. I hope Artstamps was a roaring success:) I really like the wall hanging, I bought those papers at the shop, still stroking them!!

    Love n hugs

    Sheilagh
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great day Sheilagh - hope your weekend was lovely! Get those papers out and use them girl. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to say thanks Diane for your comment on fb. Sorry you had hassles with Blogger - drives me mad too sometimes!

    ReplyDelete