Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Artemio template mini book.

Hi y'all

The wedding last week was perfect start to end and although I know I said I would post some pics, those of you on Facebook have been awash with photos of the day. But for those of you who aren't, here are a few. First up, the proud momma. Joel's speech as best man was great and Georgia's song as the bride walked down the aisle was beautiful and I say that from a totally unbiased point of view!!


Jazz hands from all of Bens theatre friends in the photo below. Yes that is THE 'Dorothy' Danielle Hope on my right. Think she was a little starstruck being right next to me! It has only just dawned on me but Joel has played the Beast in Beauty and the Beast twice and both his Belles are either side of him on the left of this photo.


I could have stayed in the photo booth all night. I really do need to get out more!


Back to more serious stuff. I needed to make a little mini book/birthday card this week and what easier way than with one of the Artemio mini album templates. I have used these in the past and they come in various different shapes. They are so useful as not only are you able to draw and cut the main piece from the template from one 12" x 12" piece but also there are three sizes of aperture template for matting and layering purposes. Full instructions are on the back but they are really self explanatory.


I chose to use the beautiful pink foiled version of Craftwork Cards Time Flies range. For my base I used a plain piece of Bazzill cardstock. I traced all my cutting lines with a pencil and used an embossing tool to mark the fold lines.


I then cut it out and folded it up on the scored lines. (See the third picture below for what it looks like cut out.)

I traced directly onto my paper to create the mats and then used one of the smaller shapes to draw onto my photos. The template allows you to see exactly what pattern or part of the photo you are choosing.





If you look closely you will see that only one outside piece is still joined to the middle piece. It is the middle that will be your front cover so this piece will be decorated on both sides. Others could also be decorated on both sides if you choose to.


I decorated the front with die cut pieces from the same range, and embellished with glitter glue and gems to add some bling. Simple and sweet.


This hexagon shape is so on trend! You could even use the template for shapes for your layouts and cards. This is the same shape but a different theme.





Any shape is easy once you know how one works. The heart one below has stamping on it.


Textured card was used for the base of the diamond one below and just decorative paper from a Trimcraft paper pad.


Dare I mention Christmas? Although you can't use much bulk on the inside as it won't close you can use dimensional embellies on the cover.


Now to get on with prep for coffee morning next week. So many ideas, so little time!

Don't forget to check out Nige's online camera club class that starts this weekend. If you don't sign up by Saturday you will miss the first months class and have to wait for the next.

Thanks for all your birthday messages yesterday - had a great day. Back to work with a vengeance today.

Keep on crafting

Hugs

Rosemary x

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment