Friday, 9 August 2013

Ladies Diary

I have had a number of discussions in the past week with crafters who find inspiration hard to come by. They know they have to make a card or two but as soon as they sit down they feel overwhelmed with all the product they have at their disposal - a case of 'cant see the wood for the trees'.

I have always said that I never just sit down to make cards or scrapbook pages without knowing what materials I wish to use because I know I will be totally unproductive if I do.

I find Graphic 45 paper ranges perfect for making cards with little else needed. Having 2 or 3 double sided sheets will provide me with background layers, a central image and other fussy bits for 3 or 4 cards. I normally only add a doily, ribbon, buttons or gems/pearls. And you don't always have to do fussy cutting. Lots of the designs can be cut apart as postcards or straight sided.

These two cards have been made using three different paper designs from the Ladies Diary range; they took no longer than 30 minutes each and I have plenty of paper left for more.











The Graphic 45 Place in Time range is perfect as one sheet themed for any particular month will give you numerous 'collagey' cards. Cut pieces and borders apart, mess about with placement before you commit to sticking and then glue down using foam pads for some elements to add height.


Go for it!

Hugs

Rosemary x

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly with you limiting your options; this time with Graphic 45 paper. I find it so much easier if I do this. I often find working with leftover pieces on my desk brings out the most creative projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use just leftovers on your desk - good to challenge yourself! Going to try that.

    ReplyDelete