This card I made in September at a workshop with the ultra patient Lynell from DREAMweaver. I know this stencil doesnt look particularly exciting but it is so versatile. It would look great with all sorts of different colour schemes.
We adhered the stencil to a double sided adhesive sheet after rubbing soap all over it so it wouldnt stick fast to the adhesive sheet. This was backed on to a layer of card. We then sprinkled all sorts of Frantage mica flakes and glitters on the exposed areas tipping the excess back into the pot each time to avoid wastage. Laying the stencil face down we then pulled away the card from the stencil keeping the stencil flat. We then filled in the remaining areas with a coordinating glitter.
The pin was glittered to match by coating the head with glue and dipping in glitter.
A diecut tree, ribbon and the decorative pin were added as Embellishment. Just love the colour scheme.
(The sentiment was coloured in the same way as the main background of the card).
If you wish you could pat versamark ink over the diecut tree and brush with mica powder as in the Niges example below to give a bit of contrast. (He always has to go one better! )
Okay, now is the time for me to stop procrastinating and get back to retreat work!
Hope your week is good
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad